College Preparatory School
Message from the Director
Thank you for your motivation and interest in approaching and accessing some of the information and credentials that define us as an Educational Center of Academic Excellence! We would like to repeat our cordial invitation for you to form part of the educational community of the UNPHU´s Dr. Luis Alfredo Duvergé College Preparatory School.
Creating a model of educational offerings that constitute a reference point nationally due to its excellence and innovation defines our principal objective, which is the commitment we´ve assumed.
The Dr. Luis Alfredo Duvergé College Preparatory School is owned by the Pedro Henríquez Ureña National University, the corporate institution that manages it and is responsible for its creation.
The implementation of our Center´s educational model at the same time constitutes a gradual but continuous and systematic proposal towards the modernization and innovation of academic and institutional processes, as well as the conditions for a structural, environmental, and quality class of Management.
The Institutional Strategic Plan is a vivid and rigorous declaration of what the Institution aspires to become, in accordance with the organizational culture and the major challenges facing both the Management Team and the teaching staff.
Achieving our goals requires action plans that define concrete activities for all the players in the educational process, according to different functions or roles, to be undertaken and executed in a harmonious manner.
As we progress in the development of our strategic plans, this makes possible a multiplier or cascading effect, which starts with the identification of critical areas, diagnoses, FODA, objectives, tactics, and action plans that generate and create the potential that will encompass everything that adds value to growth and to the solution of problems.
Truly our objectives and strategies establish and reinforce priorities throughout the entire organizational structure and chain of execution.
Thank you for lending us your attention, and serving to inspire us to continue promoting excellence in our Institution, and working to keep this Educational Center as a place preferred by parents for the education of their sons and daughters!
Licda. Venecia del Rosario Faneytt Minervino
School Year 2018-2019
The Pedro Henríquez Ureña National University is the corporate institution that manages us. The Dr. Luis Alfredo Duvergé Mejía College Preparatory School is owned by the UNPHU.
How do I apply for admission to this Educational Center?
Visit the offices of the Teaching Secretariat (Registration) in our installations located in Building 7 of the UNPHU University Campus, between 8:00 A.M. and 1:00 P.M., and complete the admissions form. The form has a cost of RD$500.00. Then come to the office on the next date to take the admissions exam.
Dates for admissions exams 2018-2019, given in the Center
- Tuesday 01 of May. (2:00-4:00 p.m.)
- Tuesday 15 of May. (2:00-4:00 p.m.)
- Tuesday 05 of June. (2:00-4:00 p.m.)
- Tuesday 19 of June. (9:00-11:00 a.m.)
- Tuesday 03 of July. (9:00-11:00 a.m.)
- Tuesday 17 of July. (9:00-11:00 a.m.)
NOTE: Other dates can be scheduled.
Registration for new students and re-registrations for active students are done during June and July of every year.
Documents necessary for registration
- Certified Birth Certificate
- Grades from the previous year.
- Transcript of Record validated by the School District.
- Four recent photographs 2 x 2
- Registration history from SIGERD.
- Letter of school coexistence and payment balance from previous school.
- Up-to-date medical certificate.
- Revalidation of studies if applicable from foreign schools.
- First and second cycle of Secondary Level: Academic Modality and Professional Technician.
- Academic with optional departure of Mathematics and Technology.
- Professional Technician with specializations/majors in: Development and administration of information systems applications and Tourism Services.
We have the following:
- Professors with levels of professionalization and specialization in their areas.
- Learning program for handling of the Windows Office package
- Development of program for learning English as a second language.
- Sports activities, practices, and training in evening hours in the UNPHU installations. Participation in tournaments of the Inter-Collegiate Sports League (Baseball, Volleyball, Soccer or Football).
- Service of Educational Orientation and Psychology, performed by professionals specializing in this area.
- Medical dispensary
- Art education.
- 7:45 A. M. to 1:30 P. M. (Modality: Academic)
- 7:45 A. M. to 2:30 P. M. (Professional Technician)