MAJOR IN INDUSTRIAL ENGINEERING
Major in Industrial Engineering
Why major in Industrial Engineering?
The first thing is that you study any major out of a sense of vocation. If you´re a creative, enterprising, and organized person who loves to implement systems, organize and manage things, work in service enterprises, manufacturing and business, if you like entrepreneurship, or integrating complex production systems, you´ve made the right decision.
Why major in Industrial Engineering at the UNPHU?
For us the most important thing is to have students with decision-making ability, initiative, and independence of action:
• The school has 21 years of experience, upholding criteria of the highest quality and continuous updating with the latest-generation technology.
• Our graduates occupy leadership positions in both the business and industrial sectors.
• We maintain continuous participation in research projects and competitions, encouraging interactive professor-student collaboration. We have won second place in Odebrecht´s sustainable development competition in both 2010 and 2012, and an honorable mention in 2013.
• Our laboratories have the technology necessary to develop practices using the most updated software.
• The teaching staff is made up of professors with master´s degrees in different specializations pertinent to this major.
• We have inter-institutional agreements for including residency practices.
The Mission of the School of Science and Technology is to train human resources in the engineering sciences that society demands, to develop applied research, and link it to its surroundings, spreading knowledge and culture the extension services, according to the country´s needs for growth and development, in an ethical, innovative, and competitive spirit.
The vision of the School of Science and Technology is to be an academic body with solid human, academic and professional formation of its teachers, students, and personnel, and with social recognition to respond to the demands of the national surroundings in the training of professionals, in research, and in extension services in its area of competency.