MAJOR IN STUDENT PSYCHOLOGY
Major in Student Psychology
Psychology is a science that studies the mental and behavioral processes of human beings and their interaction with their surroundings. The professional training acquired by studying this career in Psychology prepares future psychologists to understand, interpret, analyze, and explain human behavior, develop the basic skills and abilities to evaluate and intervene on an individual and social level throughout the life cycle, in order to promote and improve the quality of life, face the challenges of preventing and intervening in favor of mental health, confront contemporary problems such as anxiety or stress, in the clinical, educational, and business and institutional realms.
Why major in Student Psychology in the UNPHU?
- Our School of Psychology, throughout its extensive and productive history, has contributed to the training of outstanding professionals in the field in this country, as shown by our list of successful graduates.
- The School that has made the greatest contributions, in terms of Psychometry, to Psychology in this country.
- We guarantee solid professional training in which the Psychology student will acquire the knowledge that define and articulate Psychology as a scientific discipline, including its theories, methods, and areas of application.
- We are one of the few universities in this country that have a Gesell Camera, a Psychology lab so that students majoring in this field can gradually approach the practice they will perform as professionals, where they observe the implementation of the theories proposed about the functioning of the human psyche through case studies, and learn the essence of the different types of intervention they will practice in the field.
- Our study plan in the basic cycle is one of the most complete in this country. It prepares students to enter one of the three specialties we offer: Clinical Psychology, Student Psychology, and Industrial Psychology, expanding the menu of options in terms of preferences and profiling the areas of job options.
- Our school offers personalized treatment.
- We have trained teaching professors with professional experience and outstanding human qualities.
- This academic training is enriched by a sincere interest in human development and a call to service, in accordance with the ethical principles promoted by our institutional philosophy.
To train professionals with a humanistic perspective that will allow the institution to achieve its mission, vision, and values. Proactive and creative graduates with skills and competencies that enable them to face the challenges of the millennium.
Maintain academic leadership in consonance with the demands of society, with graduates characterized by excellence who will uphold the prestige that distinguishes the UNPHU.
- Academic Excellence
- Social Commitment.