MAJOR IN HOTEL MANAGEMENT
Career of Hotel Administration
The major in Hotel Management trains professionals in the tourism industry capable of planning, managing, directing, and controlling the resources of the various tourism and hospitality industry units, providing them with administrative and analytical abilities, adaptability to the constant changes in the tourism industry, and the knowledge necessary to perform efficient work in the tourism service industry.
This is a very dynamic Hotel Management major which develops several talents and allows you to interact with clients from different countries and diverse cultures.
Why Major in Hotel Management in the UNPHU?
- Its plan concentrates 4 main areas of study for developing a complete professional, with skills and a broad culture, capable of inserting himself into society with a clear, sustainable, and innovative vision.
- The study program includes courses designed for the management of hotel areas and departments, as well as areas belonging to tourism services such as Travel Agencies, National Tourism, Ecological Tourism, and Touristic Geography.
- The student compliments his learning with two internships or field work practices during his study program whose main objective is to prepare the student with actual field experiences in the hospitality industry and the specific area where the student is interested in exercising his profession.
- The School applies an “open door” policy whereby the student is always received with personalized treatment.
- It has professors specializing in each area and with professional experience in the subjects they teach.
- Agreements and exchanges with Hotel Companies.
Areas where the student can specialize after graduating with a bachelor´s degree in hotel administration
- Tourism Marketing
- Organization of Events and Conventions
- Travel Agencies
- Upper Management
- Ecological Tourism
- Official Sector (Tourism)
Within the scope of the careers offered, this Faculty seeks to fulfill the university’s general mission of achieving the integral development of human resources as suitable agents to forge the changes required by society and contribute to the success of the work and business world within Of the canons of ethics, science and technology.
The Facultad seeks to fulfill its social commitment by offering academic excellence and the training of graduates who possess, as well as professional skills, vocation of service, critical and creative attitude, strong leadership and ability to apply their knowledge in a profitable way for their companies and for society as a whole.